It is important for every man that his masculine strength is always normal. However, over time, under the influence of various factors, it can weaken. As a result, both physiological and psychological problems arise. Therefore, many representatives of the stronger sex are concerned with the question - what affects potency? It can be affected by various factors of vital activity - diseases, products, drugs and other components. It is important to understand whether they affect libido negatively or positively.
The Effects of Bad Habits
The presence of bad habits can adversely affect male potency. Negative habits include:
- Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages. When taking a large amount of alcohol, it affects not only male power, but also the condition of the liver. In case of a violation of the function of this organ, a decrease in the sex hormone testosterone is observed. With regular alcohol consumption in a man, there is a dysfunction of the gonads. In addition, there is a violation of the sensitivity of the center of the spinal cord, which leads to a decrease in erectile functions and ejaculation.
- drugs. These substances have a detrimental effect on the condition of the spinal cord. As a result, erectile dysfunction occurs.
- Smoking can also adversely affect potency. However, if you smoke a small number of cigarettes per day, male power can be maintained at normal levels.
Serious illnesses can occur with increased alcohol consumption and when taking drugs, in particular hepatitis C. This is a serious liver disease that leads to a decrease in the production of male hormones. Therefore, against the background of hepatitis, there is a decrease in erectile function.
Taking certain drugs can affect male power, as a result of which a violation occurs, namely a decrease in potency. Medications that cause a decrease in libido include the following drugs:
- hormonal drugs, for example, for the treatment of oncological pathologies;
- Drugs with a depressive effect on the brain - antidepressants, narcotic components, alcoholic beverages;
- Sometimes completely harmless drugs, diuretics, herbal medicines, drugs to reduce acidity can cause erectile dysfunction.
Before using any medication, you should study their instructions in detail and view side effects and contraindications. It is important that the dosage is prescribed by a specialist.
The influence of food
First of all, it is better to eliminate from your diet all foods that contain animal fats. In addition, it is important to minimize the consumption of carbohydrate-containing foods. Often these products are present in large quantities in men. Their diet includes sandwiches, pasta, sauces, mayonnaise. Not all foods can negatively affect a man's potency. There are those who, on the contrary, can improve their condition.
To normalize potency, you should add components like:
- dill, parsley;
- garlic and onions;
- different types of cabbage;
- Components high in vitamin C - black currant, lettuce, pepper, spinach, rose hips;
- to increase potency, you can eat seafood;
- To increase libido, you should eat as many nuts and seeds as possible.
- Meat products and legumes are needed.
The influence of diseases on the state of potency
Various diseases can lead to a decrease in the potency of men. First of all, these are endocrine pathologies, in which the synthesis of sex hormones is violated. Potency is often impaired by liver diseases, especially hepatitis C. During hepatitis, there is a decrease in immunity and abnormalities in liver function, which leads to a weakening of potency.
In addition, diseases of the spinal cord and brain, various neuralgic disorders can lead to a decrease in potency. This includes the following states:
- epileptic seizures;
- traumatic injuries in the perineal area and in the small pelvis, as well as injuries after surgical interventions;
- presence of chronic and autoimmune diseases;
- circulatory problems;
- Parkinson's disease.
In addition, infectious pathologies, as well as stressful situations, can lead to a decrease in potency. As has already been made clear, various factors can influence potency. Some of them have a negative effect, while others have a positive effect. Therefore, it is important to know what affects potency. This will help avoid problems with sexual function and avoid unpleasant consequences at the earliest stage of their appearance.